2018 has been an incredible year for Keysource. We've partnered with new clients, as well as continuing our work with existing clients across the globe; we moved into a new HQ in Gatwick to support our growing team; we've grown our Group capabilities and even updated our brand!
Because we had so much happen this year, we've picked out our top 5 below..
1. In March this year the Keysource team moved offices from their old HQ in Horsham, West Sussex to an office just outside Gatwick Airport. As well as having a bespoke fit out to meet our unique requirements, the location provides great access not only to London and the rest of the UK, but also to our international clients. As our operations and management services continue to grow we also took the opportunity to upgrade our warehouse facilities, ensuring we have future capacity and a purpose built hub.
2. 2018 also saw our team change and grow, in May we welcomed Paul Beaver to the team to head up our Aviation and Defence offering. Paul has been delivering critical projects for over 25 years and has been expertly supporting the coordination and delivery of our projects at Manchester Airport and Stansted in conjunction with Styles&Wood. We were also joined in May by Ted Pulfer, as our Enterprise and End User consultant. Ted has a wealth of experience and has been working with our clients across the midlands and the North to help them understand their long term technology and IT strategies. This year also saw the continued success of our University Outreach Programme as we were joined by industrial placement engineer; Garth Jackson. Two of our Operations team became Uptime Institute Accredited Operations Specialists and one of our Consultants achieved CIBSE Chartered status.
3. March also saw the merger of Styles&Wood Group and Southerns Group to form a collection of 11 specialist brands under Extentia Group. The Extentia Group enables customers from across the Group access to experts and solutions across the whole built environment life cycle; from design and fit-out, to technology solutions and property management and intelligence software. With offices across the globe, our clients are already benefiting from this enhanced capability.
4. 2018 also saw us continue to deliver expert services and ensure operational continuity for a number of clients, including a 2 year contract extension with The Metropolitan Police; a facility extension and upgrade for ITPS; data centre audits for a major UK international airport, a leading University and a global review for a pharmaceutical giant. It also saw our engineers and consultants travel across the world; from South America to the Arctic circle to ensure client projects were delivered successfully and ongoing operations and monitoring will ensure business continuity. This work and the dedication and expertise of our teams helped us win a RoSPA Gold for the third year as well as picking up a top DCS Award for New Design / Build Project of the Year.
5. Throughout the year our colleagues have also been giving time and money to support our local charities and communities. We are proud sponsors of two local community teams, IFC Roffey; and Oakwood U14. Colleagues from across the business have also got involved in bake sales, coffee mornings, a 500 mile bike ride, fancy dress and much more to raise money for charity. Our support for local charity, St Catherine's Hospice also continued with colleagues volunteering to raise awareness of their upcoming events with leaflet drops across the area, as well as collecting donations at Gatwick Airport as part of their Carol Concert. We are also really proud to be part of the team working to launch Girls Our Loud London. It is a fantastic initiative that aims to work with schools across London to provide female students access to mentors. To find out more or to get involved click here.
Thank you to everyone that has been part of or contributed to our journey this year and we look forward to sharing our next steps with you in the new year!